My new Soundsmith Straingauge cartridge

Well, after a bit of dillying and dallying, I finally got 'round to trying a home trial of this cart. After a couple of hours dialling in vtf, and esp. azimuth, it basically sold itself, and I bought it an hour later!
It's without doubt the fastest cart I've ever experienced, surpassing the Decca London Reference, but with none of that cart's tipped up 'whiteness'. But this blazing speed is combined with the natural sweetness of the Lyra Parnassus. It has the neutrality of the Transfiguration Orpheus with the dynamics and involvement of the ESCCo-modded Zu Denon 103. So, fast AND sweet, and neutral AND involving, combinations often too challenging for other so-called SOTA carts. All the carts I've mentioned I've had in my system over the years. But I admit, I haven't heard current contenders to the crown (Lyra Titan/Atlas, Ortofon Anna, Clearaudio Goldfinger etc) to make comparisons.
It's tracking really is superlative, 3d soundstaging/dimensionality is beyond the room constraints, and I really believe it has the least artifact-laden sound of any cart I've heard, with NO aural evidence of a diamond carving thru wax. It's really complimenting what's already a neutral, fast and dynamic analog rig in my system (Trans Fi Salvation direct rim drive tt/Trans Fi Terminator air bearing linear tracking arm)
spiritofmusic
My take on analog v digital, and how the SG pertains to this. Analog has the better information floor, digital has the better noise floor. So, notes rise from a silent background in digital than analog where notes rise from, and fall into, a noisier background. But, conversely the density of information is so much higher with analog, that the higher noise floor pales into insignificance when compared to the bottleneck of information that digital provides us with.
What I believe the SG is doing (this is not a fact obviously, just conjecture), is providing all the positive information floor advantages that is inherent with analog, with a much reduced noise floor, so that the undisputed plus points of digital presentation are included in the sound.
This may be unique in my experience.
Dear Spiritofmusic: Other that the SG self technology what you are hearing is a lot lower cartridge signal manipulation/proccess and these facts means lower distortions than a normal LOMC/MM/MI cartridges.

That's what you are hearing, you are right on that.

regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Slowlearner: ++++ " - one of which is to present yourself as some kind of expert. You are simply not " +++++

over the time you always " insult " me in many ways when I never did or do it about your self or your products.

You posted I'm a manufacturer and several times I told you I'm not but it's obvious that because you questioning an answer is need it.

Things are that a few years ago I decided to explore the boundaries the " last frontier of traditional analog and was co-designer of a Phonolinepreamp designed expressly to use it by my self and no any one else.

When my self unit was finished a gentleman asked if he can have my unit if we can build one for him and we agree. I never promoted my unit with this gentleman, was he whom asked.

After that other people asked and we builded 8 units an that was all, today are 8 owners with a breackthrough nice active high gain Phonolinepreamp. The unit is not on sale, so please don't ask about.

As I posted and I agree with you: I'm not an expert on nothing. Like many other people that post in Agon: I'm first than all a music lover and an audiophile.

Here you can read how my unit measures ( it is not a simple spec: it's a real measure. ) on the RIAA eq. ( and beyond it. ) where the chart shows both channels and both channels with a RIAA deviation lower than 0.015 db:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104284617601331669309/1606201109?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrBhveq5uzC-AE#slideshow/5618984106525365922

IMHO not bad for a rockie like me .

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Raul,
now you are faced with something you are doing all the time when you are labelling other Agon membes as manufacturers, marketing or photography guys when it is not true. How does i feel if it happens to you? You see that this is not a fair approach.
you should stop this kind of unfair labellings and don't put people into a corner you don't like to be in, too.

Just keep on being a tolerant audiophile rather than going on crusades or virtual fights against Dertonearm, Slowlearner and others.

Hope you are learning!
Dear Thuchan: I think that or you did not read it the posts here or did not understand it.

I did not labelling Slowlearner: he was whom labelled me and this is not the first time.

In the other side, as I posted here I have not against P.L. or his good designs ( and certainly not a cruzade as you said. Please don't brought here your D. friend because you know exactly all the scenario down there. ). All about was to explain some statements that IMHO were not congruent with his measures.
He was kindy enough and for the first time ( anywhere ) he explained why today his SG conforms according the RIAA and " problem " fixed.

I think that my posts and his clear explanation post about was a very important and critical service to all audio community because nopw all of us have first hand information on that critical RIAA subject in the SG product.

If you consider non-appropiate what I did is up to you but today I'm less ignorant than yesterday ( as all the audiophiles that read this thread and owners of the SG cartridge. ) thank's to the Slowlearner explanation!

Thuchan, no one is perfect not even you.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.