VPI TNT MkIII - pluses and minuses?

I'm considering a used VPI TNT MkIII. The seller says it was produced between '95-'98. I know nothing about VPI tables. What should be the reasonable value of such a VPI table that's reported to be in excellent condition?

And could the potential performance of the VPI MkIII be exceeded or equaled by current model TT's selling at the market value of the used VPI TNT MkIII?

Thanks in advanced for the assist!
128x128coltrane1
Frogman...to MY ears the Classic platter is very much better than the Super Platter. If the op intends to use the rim drive only consider the Classic platter, since Superplatters are rarely round, and if they start out that way, they are not stable in their roundness. This will cause the arm to rock in time with the out of roundness of the platter. Aside from that, the Classic just sounds better..cleaner, clearer, more open, etc.
Stringreen
Since Superplatters are rarely round, and if they start out that way, they are not stable in their roundness.

why then.. are they called Superplatters - Stringreen?
Hi Coltrane1
I have owned a HW19MKIV and a TNT2 / both modded.

Pluses

Silent background

Some don’t like the looks – My son thought it looks a big tarantula.

I thought it looked really cool too.

Excellent sounding when hooked up with thread and an SDS – 100% agree with DG.

Minuses.

Hard to move because modular – you need to really think before doing it.

Rubber belts.....

The PLC is a piece of crap. – anyone selling one should discount $500 off the price.

Can’t believe people get $200 -250 used for this light dimmer box on classified.

You need to factor in an SDS used $800. – TNT with SDS and thread competes big.

It was designed to run with a speed controller – it runs way to fast without one.

The Original TNT’s were designed for the ET2. I guess VPI and Eminent technology had a fall out.

Thats why TNT's with other arms have a single hole in them from the original ET2.

Rubber belts :^(
04-23-13: Stringreen
CT0517.....Marketing

correction Stringreen.

marketing + PPRROOFFIITT

If this forum allowed it I would have made it a bigger font instead.