Question on FR 66s

For some reason, search on FR 66s in agon did not turn up anything much. I recalled that recommended S2P distance is 296mm rather than 295mm and Stevenson geometry seems to work best. Is this correct? I already have FR 64s which works very nicely with Koetsu. In general, does FR 66s works well with the more modern cartridges, Lyra, Air Tight, Dynavector etc.
I am kind of curious to try it but not sure what to try it with. Beside those mentioned on my system page, I have Kiseki Blue, XV-1s and Miyajima Zero on hand currently.

Thanks for any suggestion.
suteetat
So Chris, As an owner of the FR66S, what do YOU think of JCarr's opinion? There is another guy who posts regularly on the Analog blog who also does not like the FR66S for the same reason.
Dazzdax,
Have you checked the alignment with a good Protractor or Universal Template like the Feikert?
If it is easy for you to adjust the Pivot to Spindle distance of the tonearm....just do it so it aligns with the your preferred geometry (Baerwald, Lofgren, Stevenson).
Dertonarm has his own geometry which works very well for his UNIprotractor.
Just ensure that the off-set angle is OK at the Null Points and you should be fine.
Hi Lew, I believe Jonathan Carr has a point here. Sometimes I do hear something that you can call ringing when comparing vinyl playback with digital.
Of course it is not a proof this is due to the tonearm only because many other things can also contribute to this phenomenon.
Moreover, I find the bass reproduction is not state of the art: it is rather pompous and lacks definition and slam.

Chris
Hi Henry, I use the protractor which is supplied by the manufacturer of my turntable, Acoustic Solid. It is a Feikert like protractor.
Using the DB Technologies for the off set angle check at the null points.

Chris
Chris,

The issue about P2S and overhang using SPUs is something I've also struggled with using my SME M2-12R. Especially aggravating is the small de facto variance among SPUs that purport to have the same overhang. I read surprisingly little conversation about this issue, which will wreak havoc if one's armboard and tonearm-mount are unmovable.

I do what Henry recommends, which is to adjust P2S so that the SPU aligns with my selected geometry. Fortunately, the SME has a sliding mount; otherwise I'd be out of luck. I use arc protractors from MintLP and Accutrak, and I'm able get the stylus to track the arc almost perfectly. The UNI-Pro, which I also have, doesn't really work in this instance because it is contingent on a prescribed P2S.

Bill