Question on FR 66s

For some reason, search on FR 66s in agon did not turn up anything much. I recalled that recommended S2P distance is 296mm rather than 295mm and Stevenson geometry seems to work best. Is this correct? I already have FR 64s which works very nicely with Koetsu. In general, does FR 66s works well with the more modern cartridges, Lyra, Air Tight, Dynavector etc.
I am kind of curious to try it but not sure what to try it with. Beside those mentioned on my system page, I have Kiseki Blue, XV-1s and Miyajima Zero on hand currently.

Thanks for any suggestion.
suteetat
Suteetat,
In re-setting the FR-64s at a P to S distance of 231.5mm.......I discovered one cartridge/headshell combination which locates the screws at the furthest point of the headshell.
The Signet TK-7SU in the Yamamoto HS-1As wood shell is the only combination exhibiting this structure.
At this furthest point......it has perfect 'Dertonarm' geometry :-)
By the way, good luck with getting the overhang accuracy to 0.3mm, so as to distinguish between 14.7mm and 15mm, anyone. A little cantilever flexing will obliterate any such precision.
Halcro, thanks for your information. I mounted XV-1s yesterday and there was a few more mms wiggle room than Air Tight using Baerwald geometry on Feickert protractor.
So look like it was Air Tight and not something wrong with my arm or protractor as far as I could tell.

Feickert protractor is rather difficult to see especially if I have a light source on the side or the rear to help me see better. Light source is very useful for Air Tight and Koetsu especially but not as needful for Dynavector or Lyra. Surprisingly, I get a lot of glare of the black surface. Clearaudio silver finished is easier to see but Mint mirror surface is by far the best.

I saw Uni-tractor on acoustical system website. Is that the same protractor that Dertoarm made awhile back? There is an economical version call SMARTrack. Looks interesting!
Dear Lewm: ++++ " is it a bad idea to use a "good" one? I think not. " ++++

agree. As a fact there are not bad really bad comercial protractors.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear Halcro: The VE calculator has not the Stevenson alignment that's the one I use to find out the correct overhang/offset angle with that 233mm StoP distance. The VE is forsing/compelling the calculations to achieve 12mm on overhang and that's why you have over 300% higher distortions over Stevenson alignment that's is the one of the three standards with higher overall distortions.

++++ " how do you decide the limit of what distortions are allowable for the rest of us....." +++++

I don't decide nothing I only post my opinion with some facts around.

Sometimes you are angry with me when I said several times that you are hearing and likes high distortions because your cartridge quality performance reviews reflect that you are hearing higher distortions than other persons. That tonearm set up confirm it as many other things and Halcro I never imagine you choosed that higher distortion set up, even that in some ways I had some kind of reason in that distortion overall subject on what you are hearing and I assume you like because is what you are hearing. Tha's all.

What you did is almost as to make a tonearm/cartridge set up at random by " feeling " and with out need of a protractor. I think we use any decent or " stupid " low price ( as Dover said. ) protractor for at least be near of a " perfect " set up in static way. We all know that on playback almost anything tend to change.

Anyway, today I learn something. I hope other gentlemans too.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.