Moving from CD to analog

Hello

I have always used CD as my front end and I am now looking to change to an analog front end. My system is a Gryphon Mirage preamp, Gryphon Colosseum power amp and Rockport Ankka speakers. My budget is 16K and would welcome any advise on TT, tone arms, phono stages and cartridges. I have no experience in this field so any help would be very much welcomed.
Kind Regards
Matt Hoult.
matthewhoult
Given the fact that you have no experience with vinyl, I think you're making a big mistake. The sound between analog components can vary greatly. Before you spend that kind of money, you need to really know what you're doing. I would recommend getting some equipment that is not so expensive first. Listen to that for a while so you can figure out what you like and don't like. Once you gain some experience, then upgrade to more expensive equipment if you feel the need.
Absolutely agree. Audition as many systems as you can find. Then buy a table that would be upgradeable so that later you can add a better phonostage, and upgrade the tonearm and cart.
The guys with $16K systems have been listening to vinyl for years and have worked their way up to a dream system.
Why "change"? Just add a decent analog rig. These things are not mutually exclusive.