Any experience with Esoteric K-05?

I have an aging Cary Audio 306 SACD and thinking about a replacement soon. The K-05 is in a similar price range (at around US$8k) and I wondered whether there was any experience out there with this relatively new machine?

I would be interested in hearing from owners or people who have auditioned the Esoteric K-05. What are the players strenghts and weaknesses? What are its sonic traits? If you listened and did not buy - why not?

The rest of my system is a Gryphon Diablo integrated amp, Raidho Acoustics D-2 (diamond) speakers and Nordost Valhalla cables. Thanks!
kiwi_1282001
Jon, I have a combined HT/2ch system with the 2ch gear being Revel Salon 2s as mains, a Mcintosh MC452 amp doing mains power, and a Krell S-1200 processor doing double duty as preamp and processor. Source is Oppo BDP95, the final necessary replacement. Im about to run out of money, lol, so the DAC or CDP/DAC will be my last purchase along with a music server for the final piece of the puzzle, computer audio. No more money or room for a separate tube pre. Hence my concern. Looking forward to more commentary from Kiwi, as the K-03 (or 05) could be an excellent one-box solution as both outstanding CDP/SACD and DAC
Jeff,

I own the Salon 2's driven by ARC (Ref 5SE and DS450). The K-05 sounds terrific in my system. I will confess that I've been tempted to upgrade to a K-03. I do not find the K-05 to be too neutral or "cold" - it is quite musical, not fatiguing with nice extended highs, nice and wide soundstage and darn good imaging. Compared to my ARC DAC8 (which I still own along with the Oppo 83SE), I feel the K-03 sounds better.

Mike
Hi Kiwi,
Have you considered the Modwright-modified Oppo 105? Just a thought. I'm extremely impressed with it.
So Kiwi, how is it sounding compared to your Cary 306? I'm also considering the 306 Pro but it may be a bit older in techynology.
In reference to my comment on 4/12 - the last sentence should state - "I feel the K-05 sounds better."

I incorrectly, typed "K-03".

Mike