Breakout DAC for 2013?

As technology advances at an ever quickening pace, any ideas on the new generation of simple plug and play breakout DAC's for 2013? I'm using a Mac mini as my server and my range is up to $1500, but from what I 've been reading there is a whole host of new and improved product out there. Any thoughts would be much welcomed. Thank you.
128x128rhovanes
The new Metrum Octave II is out and is in your price range. The old one sounded spectacular for the money, but lacked USB input and 192kHz support. The new one has both. IMO this is one of the best sub-$2000 DACs available.
Another new one to watch is the South Korean SOtM SDP-1000 with built-in battery supply and super clock. Check the 6moons review of the SOtM separates.
Burson conductor may be a bit over your budget, but its a well engineered unit that has been mentioned everywhere. According to stereotimes, it have pace, bass, dynamism and tone that makes it an enjoyable device. Can be used as the heart of any hifi system, or pc based music.
Post removed 
I disagree with Elizabeth. With the continuous development of computer audio, and HD and DSD downloads slowly but surely replacing CDs and SACDs, there have been advances in DAC quality, features and price lately: 24/192 and DSD capability, asynchronous USB, battery power, regulation, under-$1K value, etc.