Modwright Oppo 105

I received my Modwright Oppo 105 today. It sounds good, but is relatively lean - and not very extended - in the bass. The sound overall is missing a fullness and organic quality that I associate with tubes as well. I have been using an Exemplar modified Denon 3910 for years, and so far I prefer it. Naturally, I am quite surprised and disappointed so far. I will be patient and put more hours on it, of course. I am very familiar with "break-in." Dan burned it in for 72 hours or more, but I have only put another 5 hours or so on it so far.

Has anyone else had this reaction/experience? Maybe it is the Electro-Harmonix tubes, and I need to try something else? I am also wondering about Dan's use of silver wiring. Thanks for any thoughts you have.

jfz
Talk2 me:
Did you unload Wadia and Burmester because the Modwright was better to your ears and, if so, how so?
I'm really curious about the Modwright modded 105 as a replacement for my Ayon CD-1.Seems like there is potential to match (or exceed?) the Ayon's performance plus the added benefits of BluRay and high-res audio capability using the Oppo's DAC.

I guess one way to go without being able to hear the modded version is to order the standard 105 with 30-day return policy just to see how good the 105 sounds without mods as a baseline. If it's anywhere close to my current player, then the mods sounds like the logical next step.
Jwm and Rfogel8: just wondering if you have any thoughts about tube favorites with the 105. I'd like to begin experimenting a little bit, but I'm not sure where to start; I'm not sure if favorites with the 95 necessarily apply to the 105.

Thanks!
John
This player has my pretty excited. I was dreading the possibility of setting up a computer audio system as I am no good with computers. If this player is as good as everyone is saying then I will probably purchase one. I am just waiting for one to show up used on the gon. because a brand new one is out of the budget, Kent
Kedoads...You won't find one on this site for much less of a new one...These Oppo units tend to hold their value...I sold my 93 to get the 105 and got my money back over the few years I owned it...So far the 105 is worth the $$$ IMHO...my curiosity is going to the next level with the upgraded mods since Oppo provides that allowance of a really good base unit to be expanded if desired..