Better sound

Hi. Anyone using isolation platforms under their main speakers? I have Tekton Pendragon fronts and center which are truly full range. I'm still in the placement stage and having fun with their sound but wondering about the speaker "feet." I have hard wood floors so the whole spike thing will not work. Bought some Herbies big sliders but no floors are perfect and so........the speakers rock some due to the slight unevenness of the floor.
So, does anyone have experience with the newer Auralex Subdude HT?? I know they are advertised as "subwoofer platforms" but wouldn't they also do well with a full range front? Or is there a better solution? Thanks
128x128brianpack
"Interesting! How do you know the OP's ears are IN the, "vertical sweet spot?" How high is his listening seat? How tall is he? A speaker that was so beamy, in the vertical plane, that it could not remain accurate if raised or lowered by an inch or two, would be pointless. How many people do you know, that are exactly the same height? Just curious! Just saying....."

I do not know any of the particulars about his situation, or yours for that matter. But I can tell you that there is one vertical height at which his (and your) speakers sound their best. Once you experiment and find that position, you can either adjust them or you so that you achieve the best sound.

I am not talking about millimeters here. But if he is considering raising his speakers several inches off the floor, I don't think that is advisable.

Shakey
Hi Shakey- If he were thinking of raising them several inches, I'd have to agree(beyond already agreeing with your recommendation to experiment).
Hi Larry- Regarding, "better": Like I said in my first post; it's a matter of preference(completely subjective) and YMMV. By all means: experiment! If I had exposed hardwood; it would just have to suffer(a matter of priorities)! Metal under spikes is by no means optimum. BTW: Spikes are supposed to(theoretically) act as a sort of mechanical diode, allowing vibes to travel from their wider part, to their points(one direction), then into whatever they are atop("Mechanical Grounding"). Some substrates work better at that, than others(again: experimentation required). A different approach to vibration handling than the, "Energy Conservation" method of yours or the Stillpoints(converting motion into heat). Auralex is basically foam rubber, and would allow much more motion of the cabinet and drivers relative to one another(action/reaction) and to the listening position. It takes very little of that, to have a deleterious(to me, anyway) effect.
Post removed 
Hi Tboo I did the upgrade from standard kevlar cones to Stillpoints Ultra SS to Ultra 5 under ny Rockport Hyperions.
i can tell you, that this is the a very very good tweak.
I already had a combination of BDR shelves and the source together with the Ultra S with bases ( importaint) under all the upfront equipment as well as the hole gear is mounted on the wall and the speaker on the floor ( floor and walls are not direct atached to each other but separated with polystyren insulation, to avoid cold bridges)
The result was increased resoluiton, much finer taxture and extraodinary expancion of the sound stageas well as a more live articulation of the music. Very lively and adictive.
It is however very importain for the Ultra SS to have the correct hard surface underneath but this is relativ cheap to make experiments here. I also adtioned a set up with ProAc D100 speakers where the Ultra SS and 5 also made a emormusly positive diffence as it did for me. The Stillpoints are not cheap but compared to the effect the provide simply a must under ultra highend gear, after my opiniom.
So try them, they are worth it.
best regards