Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
Hi there,the b@w p6 are easy to drive and sound excellent.They should sound alright with your amp,throw in a good speaker cable and interconnect,you're doing it, imo.
Hi there,well I definately stopped this thread in its tracks.How did you go,should I say what speaker are you thinking of.For me book shelf speakers are good for a small space,and then add a sub if you move to a bigger room.The p6 speakers are nice,probably good for a medium room,with the nautilus tweeter on top,they have good musical ability,but are getting on in age now,not that that is too much of a worry.Anyway welcome,there are worse things you can spend your money on.My current speaker that Im using is a kef ls50,and is pretty good,they suit my needs at the moment.
4zoranss: Look into the JBL ES90s. You can now get them for $500 a pair. They're a lot of speaker for the money.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/Search_Browse/product_detail.asp?urlMaterialNumber=ES90BK&status=