Speakers for newbie

Hi everybody,
my 1st post but i spent lots of time reading the forums.

I've got Marantz SR6006 receiver and thinking about purchasing B&W P6 series. Ill be listening 50-70% to music and 30-40% movies.

Please let me guys know what do you think, any help greatly appreciated. Sadly my budget is only $1000

thx,
eMax
4zoranss
Guys,
I just want to thank you all for the great inputs. I really appreciate it. I feel like a little puppy left on huge farm haha. All of your suggestions are pretty smart and make sense.
Only speakers I listened so far were B&W and Marti Logans @BB (also Klipsh and infinity but I didn't like the sound).
I think I gotta go and listen some more.

I am moving on 13th, when I move I will know exactly the layout of the room, how far speakers will be away from where we will sit etc etc. That will clear out some questions.

I also like idea of getting 2 or 5 channel amps if more juice is needed for the speakers. Do you have any suggestions for new and used that would work well with my SR6006.
Thx again, your expertise is greatly appreciated.
I agree with Tbromgard and the Tektons. I have a pair of the m-lores I bought for surround speakers a few weeks ago, but I am enjoying listening to them as my main speakers. If you have a large room, the Lores would be a good choice. I have the m-lores in a 35' x 15' x 8' loft, and they fill the room with music. I even tried them in a second system with a Marantz 1603 receiver and they sounded very good. They also have surprisingly strong and deep bass for being so small. Very open sound, good with all types of music and not real fussy about placement.

For $1000, you could also try a pair of Zu Omen speakers (they are having a 'Dirty Omen' sale with a pair of Omens for $999). They have a 60 home trial, so hard to go wrong there.
As far as amps go, considering your budget, I'd say look at some NAD amps. Some consider NAD to be poor man's hifi. You can pick up a pretty beefy NAD amp with 100+ wpc here and on ebay for a couple hundred bucks or there abouts. You might also want to check out some B&K amps. If you can scrape together another $1K, there's some nice stuff to be had here on the gon in the classifieds.

I've been running my 20+ year old Aragon for a little while now and am starting to get the itch to try something new myself.
Post removed 
Post removed