Does anybody have any experience with the JBL 1400

I have an opportunity to get a pair of these for a great price. I have listened to them a couple of times and liked them. I would be driving them with a Mcintosh 452 power amp. Any input would be appreciated
dethklok
Hi Dave_72!, very well said Omsed!, BTW, omsed, I did not know you own JBL speakers, Welcome to the JBL family of friends!,Good to see you again Dave_72! cheers!
Hi Audiolabrinth, yes, Everests and 1400 Array, amongst other more usual speakers. The 1400 are really good, the Everest 67000 are magical.
@ Omsed, I currently have the classic JBL L7s!, With the still points under them, and the Top of the line everything Taralabs cables, including the omega jumper cables!, you will not believe what these speakers sound like!, very impressive to say the least for what they are!, they are the very last none horn true high-end speakers JBL made!, 1992!, I will never sale these speakers, But I believe going to the old DD 66000 everest speakers with the same footers and cables that I own will desamate the L7s!, this will of course take some time!, considering even the used market value of such JBL speakers!, alot of fricken money!, so, what are the differences you hear between the 66000 and the 67000?, cheers!
Audiolabyrinth, the 67000 are improved bottom to top. Bass is much clearer, tighter, more resolved, mids are more resolved, smoother, focus is tighter, that's a very quick description.
I have several non-JBL speakers, all quite expensive speakers, each the top of those companies' ranges, so this is no JBL "fan boy" post.

I don't know your JBLs, so can't comment. WC65 Mustang's quote was humorous, but who is he to talk? Tell him is 65 Mustang is just a Ford Falcon with a different skin! LOL WC!