"What's The Best Value Speaker In $5k-$10k Range?"

I'd appreciate some advice from those experienced with great speakers. I'm hoping that this thread will be valuable to lots of others, as well.

On to my question: What are the best value speakers you can buy on the used market in the $5k-$10k price range? I think it's time to get into something world-class for music, and I've found that in each area of life or hobby, there are gems available that might not carry the most popular brand name - or be the latest fashion - but that do deliver the best performance for the money.

I'd appreciate recommendations from any resident speaker gurus. Thank you!
metalphoenix
Speaker selection is very personal. It depends on the kind of music that you like and your sonic taste. Speakers which are great for classical may not be good for rock. People who like more laid-back sound will prefer a different speaker than someone who like upfront ultra transparent one. If you can provide more details, you might get better suggestions. But whatever suggestions you get are just a starting point, nothing can replace an audition in person. Just a thought.
My favorites are the following:
1. GR Research Super V. These are DIY kits but you can find a builder or Pre-made set on Audiocircle. These will cost you 5-7k.
2. Zu Definition mk IV's (used) or Zu Druid mk V. The new Zu tweeter takes these two speakers up to world class level.
Proac D-28. Very rich warm sounding speaker with excellent full midrange bloom and echo decay. Outstanding dynamics. Smooth as silk. Will play down to 20 hertz in the right room. Crossover design is excellent. I consider Stuart Tyler the best speaker designer in England. Proac's best selling speaker. A remarkable value for $6K.