Magico S5 vs Tannoy Westminster Royal SE

Hello, I need some opinion about these 2 speakers. I plan to acquire one of them.
Anyone who owned or tried these speakers please share your experience.

I won't be looking for any other brand.

I will use VAC sigma 160i to drive the westminster
Vs
Hegel H30 Stereo to drive the Magico S5.

Thank you.

Regards,
aprica
These two speakers are so vastly different in presentation and character that it's interesting you'd like both.Have you actuality had a chance to hear them? If I had to build a system around one I'd prefer the big Tannoy, it's natural in sound and permits greater amplifier flexibility choice.
Regards,.
These two speakers are so vastly different in presentation and character that it's interesting you'd like both.Have you actuality had a chance to hear them? If I had to build a system around one I'd prefer the big Tannoy, it's natural in sound and permits greater amplifier flexibility choice.
Regards,.
Entirely different speakers - in fact you are unlikely to find two different speakers anywhere.

Magico is of the accuracy detail type and, to some like me, can come across as perhaps a bit brittle, dry and uninvolving, but due to the very low resonance fast, very uncolored, and articulate. The Tannoy is full, rich, involving, and musical but with not the articulation and detail of the Magico.

I actually wouldn't get either - I would try for a speaker that combined the strengths of both - such as Rockports, Ridge St Audio Sason, or Lenehan ML2 Limited (I have a pair of those on the way) - but that's me. I was at a recent meet where some speakers similar to the Tannoy were and while I liked them the guys there were going ga ga over them. Many there have heard my speakers which are more along the line of Rockports etc, and I thought mine were definitely better, but all except one other (he also owned my speakers) much preferred the speakers at the meet.

Its a personal preference thing - listen to both and decide what floats your boat. Of the two I would go for the Tannoy - the Magico's are a little brittle for me.

Thanks
Bill
Aprica, can you provide dimensions in meters of your room and describe the layout (ie: dedicated lounge room or open living/dining) & what type of music you listen to? That will enable us to advise you which speakers would likely best suit you.