Lore vs Vandersteen ICi vs Ohm Walsh Talls

I have read most of the discussion on AG and even Audio Asylym about two of these speakers. However, Vandersteen 1Ci is an upgrade model with a new tweeter and crossover. The three speakers are approximately in same price range, except the Lore which is less at $1000.

I have heard much about the Lore speakers, but there size makes them a bit overbearing for a 14X12 room, unlike the Vandy's and Walsh Talls.

I would appreciate comments about these three speakers system. Never got a response to a few technical questions from either Vandersteen or Ohm-Walsh. Thank you
sunnyjim
I truly enjoyed my Vandersteen 1C's for many years until I recently upgraded my system with the Revel F-12's. The Vandersteens are wonderful speakers, and the quality of the sound of music through the entire line is superb. As far as conversations with Richard .... I have had a few, and they have always been quite pleasant and informative.
If it is the Red Dragon Class D amp, 250 w/ch, that should be a very good match to bring out the best in the OHMs. I use 500 w/ch Class D amps with mine.

Should work well with Vandy as well I would think. OHM and Vandy are different designs, though I think OHM and Class D amps are a hard combo to beat. The choice would probably revolve largely around whether you want to give more omni speakers a try or not.

Not sure high power Class D amps would be the best choice to bring out best of Lores, but it should work fine.
As a past owner of Rectilinear 3A, early ESS, as well as Vandersteen 2CEs, I can vouch for the Tekton Lore, Tekton 4.5s which I own as well as the Lore M. Each of the Tektons are very good speakers. The Lore-M is owned by my brother connected to an Almarro 205 MK II (5 watts per channel). I like the Tektons much more so than the Vandersteens. Very efficient, excellent with SET and other low- powered tube amps; but they also play great with solid state.
Mikerob,
Do you find the Tekton a more open,clear and transparent speaker than the Vandersteen? I`ve heard several of the Vandersteen models and thought they`re ok, not bad, but nothing special(somewhat veiled in character).Tekton owner word of mouth is very enthusiastic.I haven`t had the opprotunity to hear them.
Regards,