Tough decision, samsung Samsung PN65F8500 or

Panasonic TX-P65ZT65B, I'm having a hard time deciding, the Samsung seems brighter and sharper my family room is a little on the bright side, the Panasonic, blacks and colors are awesome.
your feedback would be appreciated.
thank you.
tesseract86
I've seen both the 65" Panny ZT and the 64" Samsung PS64F500 at a local Best Buy.

The Sansung is brighter, no doubt. They both have exceptional picture quality, clearly better than the LEDs nearby.

If I had a dark room I'd buy the Panny, though it'd be only to get the extra 1" diagonal.

Since my room is pretty bright during the day, I'm going to get the Samsung during the black friday sales. Well, that's my plan anyway...
Wenn I read the articles about the way how people compare them. People Always make the same mistake. The focus is only at the black level. This is an important part, but only a part. Sharpness is very important as well, maybe even more important because the blacklevel is only a fraction better for the vt60 and zt60. White is a very important part. Samsung is a lot more clean compared to Panasonic. The extra light output sets the level in 3D image to a higher level. I have not seen this level at the VT60. We are talking about more depth without 3-d glasses. Take a look at video what is taken during daytime. Look at the realism it gives you. And compare the difference in definition during these video which are taken during daytime. People have to learn to look at more different parts. You see a lot of tv wich is taken during daytime or in a studio with losts of light.
Even wenn you have a dark room the extra light output of the Samsung which gives you a far more realism as you are there in real. A darkroom is not able to solve this new level in watching tv. Second the more details in the lighter parts you also will see in very dark rooms.
After much research between the Samsung f8500 and Panasonic zt60, there's no doubt that they are both excellent TV's.
But for what suits me and my room best is the Samsung its brighter and that will work well with my room which is on the bright side(can always regulate brightness).
BTW, I went to a local and more professional retailers in Electronics, they had the Samsung f8500 tweaked very differently then BestBuy's.
BestBuy's Samsung f8500 was tweaked for max brightness and black blacks. where you couldn't see detail in the shadows, contrast as well was maxed out.
At the other store the Samsungf8500's detail and resolution was awesome, more importantly it was sharper.
The shadows were much more prevalent, brightness was subdued somewhat, looked great to me.
So my choice is the Samsung f8500.
Thanks to all for your valuable input!
One suggestion: wenn you have the possibility just try an Audioquest Diamond hdmi cable. And take a look.....