emotiva mono block amps any good?

interested in sound quality of emotiva mono block amps.
digital3
"Any good" covers a lot of ground. If you don't mind how and where it's manufactured for the sake of unexplainable low cost, then you'll be in a large fan club.

You'll be able to wallow in countless positive owner reviews that wax on about fabulous performance for the cost as in this thread. The microscopic few negative reviews will be by audio hobbyist who took the time to actually compare their products.

My personal experience with their big stereo amplifier began with finding glaring sonic shortcomings during comparative listening. Within weeks a channel failure lead to a look under the hood which revealed laughable build and component quality and a rapid return of the amplifier.

Wandering around the back pages of the companies Lounge forum a potential home theater customer questioned their products extremely low pricing and asked about the companies labor and manufacturing practices. A quick response by a company representative refused to answer followed by a few pages of juvenile berating by fanbois ending with an administrated lock of the thread. I don't think I've ever read a Troll hit a nerve as sharp as this hapless HT customer did with a simple question.

Any good? I will say their limited return policy worked flawlessly but that's it.
"You'll be able to wallow in countless positive owner reviews that wax on about fabulous performance for the cost as in this thread. The microscopic few negative reviews will be by audio hobbyist who took the time to actually compare their products."

" The Emotiva big amps impressed me so much that I replaced my Anthem amp with Emotiva 3 channel amp for the surround sound!"

Not that you're owed an explanation.

Mjama2,

You're offending people with your positive comments. Can you please keep it negative!!
. +1 Zd542

It is amazing the amount of fear & paranoia around here of a product being good and inexpensive. It's almost like a superstitious cult. Relax, good inexpensive gear does not devalue your high-priced stuff..you're safe and you shouldn't feel threatened.
Fear? Hardly. Emotiva makes budget amps and crappy processors. I've owned 3 of their products, and couldn't understand why I'd get listener fatigue with an amp, preamp and cd player all from emotiva. Finally I tried an old Denon theater receiver, and was shocked that it sounded on par with the Emotiva gear, but warmer. That started me on my journey to realize that all amps do not sound the same as is popular among the Emotiva fanbois.

That said, they are a decent step up from most receivers, but you can do a lot better. They are decent for the money spent, but that's really not saying much.
Runnin...well, that's ONE man's opinion.

Do an Emotiva search on the Members Systems section here on
Audiogon and you will find satisfied members pairing Emotiva
successfully with respected names like Audio Research,
Wilson, Pass Labs, Zu, Revel, Von Schweikert, Magnepan,
Tekton, Rel Acoustics, Martin Logan, Rega, Sumiko, Thiel,
Anthem, B&W, JM Labs and several more. The proof is in
successful systems right here on Audiogon.