Merrill amps at Audiophile Society meeting

I went to the meeting at David Nemzer's house and came away very impressed with the Merrill Veritas amps that were being demonstrated. I've heard David's Pipedream speakers many times, but have never heard them sound this good. Several club members made the same observation. Looking forward to hearing the amps again soon.

Other Comments from the group? -- Mark Block
128x128eatapc
Mark, I also was impressed with the amps. Dave's Pipedreams sounded the best I've heard and I suspect the amps had a good deal to do with it.

Rick (RWD)
I was also at the meeting. I commented at the time that they were the best SS amps I had heard on David's system. They controlled his speakers like I hadn't heard before and were also musical. This is coming from someone who's preference is direct coupled amps and efficient loudspeakers.
I was so impressed with the amps (with the Sanders speakers and the Raidho's in another room) that I decided to get a pair and Merrill installed them a couple of days before the Audiophile Society meeting. They are connected to my original Quad 63 speakers and I am thrilled with the dynamic and not ever shrill sound. They replaced early ARC tubed amps, and I feared losing some of the tube magic, but no regrets at all. They are still a long way from broken in, but I'm happily listening at every opportunity. The cables are single-ended with Cardas connectors to the balanced inputs, and so far that is working wonderfully, though eventually I'll see about true balanced cables.
I was not at that Audiophile Society Meeting but I did go to the Merrill room at the recent NY Audio Show. I was impressed with what Merrill had to offer. The speakers in that room were the very revealing Roger Sanders electrostatics and the resulting presentation was exceptionally great. As far as I was concerned it ranked in the top three best sounds at the show. Being that the Merrill amps were scrutinized by the Sanders electrostatics, it follows that the Merrill amps put on a sensational show.