Current amp vs Voltage amp

Two different topologies with different intent. There are arguments for and against both technologies. Not having a electronics background I'm tying to get a clearer understanding.

Speaker matching including impedance and power requirements: how does one match 1:1 :: amps:speakers? General rule of Higher sensitivity benign/high impedance to tubes, and, low medium/sensitivty variable impedance to SS (considering they can be of higher power rating)?

This is not to see which is best, but to better understand the process of matching components.
deadlyvj
Bombaywalla, I would add just one point to your IMO excellent list of reasons for the proliferation of speakers having problematical impedance curves. And that is that there seems to be a tendency among many audiophiles to equate the ability of a speaker or other component to resolve hardware differences with its ability to resolve musical information. Thus, if on the basis of reviews, user comments, etc., a speaker acquires the reputation of making amplifier selection particularly critical, it will in the minds of many audiophiles create an expectation that it will resolve musical information and detail better than a speaker for which amplifier selection is less critical. While of course, as this thread makes clear, that is by no means necessarily the case.
well-said Al!
best regards.
No offence taken Bombaywalla. Actually, in some of my private communications with Al and Ralph, I too mused that it would be a great boon to the hobby if speaker designers could, with the flip of a switch, change the electronic crossover for SS or tube application. It might require an external crossover -- dunno. But I too take great exception when the industry doesn't disclose the simple fact like Revel, that "so and so speaker is designed to be driven by a [___] amp." Further, where are the tube amp manufacturers? No disclosure there either. The modus operandi is plug and play. IMO, bad form.
It seems that it is easier to design a speaker with a consistent impedance if the impedance is low rather than high.
This thread is very educational and thought provoking and comments here are well informed. It really asks the obvious question, why on earth do we have such a high number of these roller coaster impedance speakers? What is their upside. Does it truly demand that much more high level engineering expertise to build flatter impedance speakers with better phase angles? If that's the case then those who are capable of doing this deserve more respect and recognition for their achievement. It's a superior speaker when it allows the buyer more flexibility with amplifier selection.
Because with available amplifiers capable of dealing with them, it might allow the speaker designers to put more emphasis on other considerations?
One could also ask why amp designers choose not to build amps that can deal with such loads?