What's your view on blind testing?

Double blind testing (DBT) has been a hot topic among engineers and audiophiles for God knows how long. The 'scientific' group believes that a properly conducted blind test will reveal negligible differences amongst audio components (amps, cables, dacs, etc.) while the other group believes that there are noticeable audible differences across manufacturer's in various price points. I know there are quite a few EEs on the board here and I'd like to get your perspective. Thanks for any insight.
gfcf424892
People who feel the need to dbt equipment would be happier with another hobby....like counting trains. ;-)
I agree with those who say a long period of listening is ideal. My problem, audio memory. In my case I can only retain an impression for a short time, so I largely rely on first impressions. Changing a cartridge over for example, takes far to long for me to be able to make a meaningful comparison.

The other problem seems more universal. Because our sensory systems are tuned for change, I believe we have an inbuilt, unrecognised bias, in favour of a change in the system. So any change is likely to be seen as an improvement. That is why I use 2 amps. Both are excellent, but I enjoy my music more after a change, just because it is different.