Spectral DMC-90's as Mono Amps?

Anyone here have experience running a Spectral DMC-90, "bridged" (i.e., as a mono amp)? Can you describe the experience?

I own a DMA-90 (which I purchased new, ca. 1995) with which I continue to be extremely satisfied. I am in the hunt (still!) for speakers, and several models of speaker at the top of my list probably demand more horsepower than my single DMA-90 can muster. It occurred to me that, rather than purchase a new higher-horsepower amp (and sell my DMA-90), I could purchase a second DMA-90, same approximate vintage as my own, and run each DMA-90 "bridged", one DMA-90 per stereo speaker. (What do you think of this idea?)

Thanks in advance.

rx7audio
rx7audio
I no longer have them but I was very happy with a pair of 90's bridged.
I also had a DMC-12 pre and all MIT cables.
I sold them and tried Class 'D' for a while.
Some time I wish I had kept the Spectral. I do believe you will see an improvement with two 90's bridged over a single.
Thanks, Tan. A long time ago I remember seeing a system which had Wilson speakers powered this same way. I don't remember whether I liked the sound or not, though.
Razmika,

Can you elaborate? The amp has a specific switch on the back panel intended just for this purpose. You've actually listened to music played through such a system, and it sounds compromised?
Hi RX,
I used bridged DMA90s for awhile and while they sounded good, I didn't think the improvement was worth the price of the second amp. And the noise level really increased in bridged mode. I tried a DMA150 which didn't play quite as loudly, but had a much smoother and musical upper mid and high frequency range. I ultimately ended up with a DMA180 II which was phenomenal.....it had plenty of power yet with wonderful finesse and musicality.....the best of both worlds. At the time, I was using a DMC20 pre and Avalon Arcus speakers. Going up the MIT cable line also produced significant improvements. The biggest changes were going from 350 spectral interconnects to 350ref single ended, and then the ultimate was going to 350 shotgun balanced cables. g