Taralabs cables

Hi, I wanted to start a new thread for all the owners of Taralabs cables, Enjoy, and cheers.
128x128audiolabyrinth
Jebsmith73, how did you do that kind of grounding?, if the ground is to long,it does not work as good, just like most house ground's, an example, I run a 25ft dedicated ground for my amplifier, and in turn, that sound real distant, crashed the sound stage etc..., connected my amp ground back to the inside the breaker box, and the box is exactly oppisite from the main power box on the brick side-out side of the house that uses a 4ft earth ground, sounded hugely better in every way, this is the way the dedicated line for the amp is connected now, it's by code, but the main reason I did the code was because of the shortest possible ground that I can possibly have here without getting a dedicated breaker box for intire system, cheers.
Hi colekat, interesting story, would you know what the grounding problem was connecting to the preamp?, Happy Listening.
Dielectric's play a major role in how a cable will perform,it is best to know exactly what dielectric you have in a cable, what it's design purpose is and if it does what it was designed to do, here is an explanation of what dielectric is,

Insulating materials exposed to electric fields are called "dielectrics." Dielectrics are necessary parts in the construction of any cable because they prevent oxidation and keep the conductors from touching one another. In audio cables, relatively low voltage and current levels mean that dielectric strength is not the most important factor. Far more significant in its effect on the sound is a material's dielectric absorption. This characteristic describes the way a dielectric may discharge a secondary signal into the conductor out of phase with the audio signal.

As a current is passed through a conductor, an electromagnetic field is created which interacts with the dielectric material and temporarily displaces the molecular structure. If the dielectric material has good elasticity and can return quickly to its normal state, then the material is said to have low dielectric hysteresis or loss and will have little audible effect on the signal.
Here is an explanation of impedance, getting a better understanding of what a cable or componet has for impedance can and will help with system matching to obtain a synergy of balance within any given system,
Impedance

A measure of the complex resistive and reactive attributes of a component in an alternating-current (AC) circuit. Impedance is what restricts current flow in an AC electrical circuit; impedance is not relevant to DC circuits. In DC circuits, resistors limit current flow (because of their resistance). In AC circuits, inductors and capacitors similarly limit the AC current flow, but this is now because of their inductive or capacitive reactance. Impedance is like resistance but it is more. Impedance is the sum of a circuit, or device's resistance AND reactance. Reactance is measured in ohms (like resistance and impedance) but is frequency-dependant. Think of impedance as the complete or total current limiting ohms of the circuit -- the whole banana. Since AC circuits involve phase shift -- i.e., the voltage and current are rarely in phase due to the storage effects (think "time;" it takes time to charge and discharge) of capacitors and inductors, the reactance is termed "complex," that is there is a "real" part (resistive) and an "imaginary" part (bad terminology, but it means the phase shifting resistance part). To summarize: resistance has no phase shift; reactance (capacitors & inductors in AC circuits) includes phase shift; and impedance, is the sum of resistance and reactance. Just that simple.