What amps do Electrical Engineers own...why?

Not being an engineer, I would like to know what the electrical engineers in the crowd own for amps and what engineering features made them choose that amp? As a lay person, I don't know enough to be able to differentiate good engineering from good marketing.
schw06
Post removed 
12-21-12: Elizabeth
Almarg has the best answer...

As usual....thanks Al.
My best friend is an EE, and he uses a 25 year old Harmon Kardon receiver. He is into music, but he is very objective, and listens with his meters.
I am an electrical engineer and very,very few other EE's that I know have much interest in high end audio, they are mostly skeptical of improvement over brand name audio. They are not wealthy and would not spend big bucks on audio. Newer EE's are digital educated unlike those from the analog era. Only ancient EE's know tubes.

I own Pass Labs XA60.5's mono blocks.
Almarg,
No NFB and DHT tubes is a very solid foundation to build with. Has it meet your expectations?
Regards,
Charles,
My father is an EE, and has traditionally preferred solid state amplification. He's of the generation that led the migration in that direction as well as a devout objectivist.

However, over the past decade, he's once again embraced tubes, though not completely. He's had the benefit of seeing how things have evolved since the 1950s when he was coming up, and concluded that over the very long haul, the longevity of a tube amplifier eclipses that of solid state. Most surprising to me, he espouses tube rectification and the absence of negative feedback; with logical justification, of course. And, though one "has to always get back to the numbers", he feels the sonic benefits in certain regards also provides justification for tubes.