What amps do Electrical Engineers own...why?

Not being an engineer, I would like to know what the electrical engineers in the crowd own for amps and what engineering features made them choose that amp? As a lay person, I don't know enough to be able to differentiate good engineering from good marketing.
schw06
I am an electrical engineer and I don't believe being one as had any effect on what I have used as equipment. I basically by equipment based on how they sound, not on any design principles. I have had many tube amps and only 2 ss amps but now have a pair of switching monoblocks because they sound better then any other amp I have owned. I also was a recording enginner for many years and what we did in the studio was based on our ears
Alan
"what we did in the studio was based on our ears"

Well, that explains a lot.
"Going just by specs, a Sony receiver from best buy has better printed specs than most high end equipment."

WOW!!! Never thought I would live to see this admission. You better ask for witness protection!
Cheers
Post removed 
12-21-12: Elizabeth
Almarg has the best answer...

As usual....thanks Al.
My best friend is an EE, and he uses a 25 year old Harmon Kardon receiver. He is into music, but he is very objective, and listens with his meters.