Amp, On A Budget?

I'm building a 2 channel system on a pretty tight budget, think I've done good so far, but need help with an amp!

Source is lossless from PC to JKDAC32 DAC (awesome budget DAC.) Speakers are DIY Statements (awesome speakers, cost about a grand to build, people compare them to speakers that cost 10 times as much and more.)

I'm trying to get the best amp I can for ~300.00, the remainder of my budget. I'm seeing older Adcom, Carver, Parasound, Rotel, etc. in my price range, used of course.

I know this equipment isn't up to the standards of most of the gear discussed here, but any suggestions on which route I should take for a 300.00 amp?
dmusgrave
How does the Emotiva compare in sound quality to say the B&K suggested? How do the Dayton's sound? I could afford monoblocks going that route! Better, worse, in what ways?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty and replacing some capacitors to either bring something older up to snuff or to improve something.

I'm actually going to start buying parts for a very nice DIY amp, a part here and a part there, so I will eventually be able to build something worthy... but I'd like something to listen to over the next year as I gather parts other than a silver faced Kenwood :)
Ah guess I should add, not built yet, Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid preamp, plan to upgrade the coupling caps to Munford Mcap Supremes.
Now I'm kind of adding up money spent... and thinking it's kind of stupid to nickle and dime myself on an amp... may just put this money towards more bits and pieces of the DIY amp... it will eventually get built.
If your speakers are moderately efficient (ie: 89db or above), i'd look at the Nakamichi Pa-5 Stasis amp on the 'Gon. The guy is asking $349.00. These amps were designed in consultation with Nelson Pass & have quite a following. My only caution would be this seller doesn't have any AG feedback, so i'd be enquiring if he has any Ebay feedback and sticking to Paypal. I would think it would be hard to find a better amp at this price point ~ http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nakamichi-pa-5-stasis-stereo-power-amp-2012-11-16-amplifiers-22601-winchester-va
With that said, if you could up your budget, there was a Threshold S-300 on the 'Gon for $800 a few months ago which would kick the Pa-5's butt! ~
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/threshold-s-300-threshold-s-300-nelson-pass
The B&K ST-140 is such a sweet sounding amp, it sounds great imo. It is limited in the power and transparency department. But...the Emotiva UPA-2 is a powerfully good sounding amp and cannot be beat for $300 imo. I think the UPA-2 is a better amp than the UPA-200, so maybe you should look for a used UPA-2. The transferable warranty should have 2-4 years left.