Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
To all those Cabernet especially Cabernet Dual owners. What are you guys using for the Rectifier.... Mullard GZ24 or the Bendix 106. I have both, but am reluctant to try as the power supply gets very hot. I'm kind of afraid it my blow the valve.

I'm also interested in knowing whether anyone is using a different regulator valve such as the Western Electric 350B or the Tung-Sol KT66 as I also have both types of valves sitting in boxes at the moment, but again afraid to try due to the heat generated on the power supply unit.

If anyone is using those above mentioned valves, I'd be very interested in your thoughts about what those valves do above and beyond the standard set that Mick supplies with the unit.

Btw, I had a Sauvignon pre-amp prior to the Dual and the power supply only used to get luke warm. Mick assures me it's perfectly normal for the Cabernet Dual power supply to get very hot.

Thanks.
Sorry that previous posting should read Mullard GZ34 or the Bendix 6106. I also realise the Bendix is not recommended in the Cabernet Dual, especially by Mick due to voltage differences.
clipsal:

mick is building a cab for me as i type and he stated in no uncertain terms that the 6106 should not be used in the cab due to it's voltage drop. he told me that if i really wanted to use the 6106, i would have to send him one so he could adjust the power supply and then i could only use a 6106 thereafter.
Kgturner,

Thanks for sharing your experience with your Malbecs. I'm thinking about taking the plunge but I'm a bit hesitant after hearing about your ordeal. Must have been frustrating! Not much chatter on the forum about the amps.

Looking foward to hearing your impressions on your Cab Single. What tube config did you opt for?