Conrad Johnson dedicated fansite

If anybody is interested there is a new fansite dedicated solely to Conrad Johnson Onwers. You can find it at http://www.conradjohnsonowners.com. Or just google "Conrad Johnson Owners". It's basically a forum discussion site except it's the only one to my knowledge that is exclusive to Conrad Johnson owners Hope this helps.
invenio78
@Steveaudio

Sorry to hear that there will be no repairs made to the unit. Sometimes when high cost damage is done to a component it's cheaper just to buy a used replacement. PFR's do pop up on audiogon and ebay so if you have your heart set on that particular model I'm sure it will become available.

I had a similar experience with my desire to get the CJ D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor and after a long search I was able to get it at a reasonable price. Moral of the story is, don't give up! :)

...and unplug your equipment when not in use! :)
I bought a Conrad Johnson D/A-2b Processor recently. I really love the sound. I was wondering if anybody had experience with this unit as I would like to possibly try some different tube combinations to tweak the sound. Once again, nothing wrong with the unit (I actually love the sound), but I am always looking to experiment. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
Perhaps this is a thread CJ wouldn't want bumped, but I just want the record to reflect that for me CJ and Ed have provided the products and services commensurate of their prices. I'm a fan. If a surge made it past my power conditioner and did permanent damage to my equipment I wouldn't hold it against the manufacturer.

The one and only time my ET3 did the xmas tree thing that Bogeybuster49 described was before I solved my static issue. When I tried discharging against the surface of the DAC my ET3 lit up and stopped responding. Pulling the power plug reset the ET3.

My home has admittedly BAD wiring (open grounds in every outlet, exposed romex runs that would never pass inspection, etc). I also have wall2wall carpeting in my audio loft. The static shock issues I had here were comical. Every combination of people, cats, and metal were zapping each other. And often you could zap 2 or 3 times in succession. I even got small zaps from glass and wood. I didn't have anything to discharge against before touching my stereo so I would opt to touch something that was turned off, yet it made no difference. Every time I zapped my stereo my DAC would momentarily drop it's S/PDIF connection. Basically anything I touched (on or off) that ultimately plugged into [what I'd later determine to be] this one offending outlet would interrupt my music. I tried wiring a metal table to the baseboard heater for discharging, and even though I'd get a zap out of it, my stereo would zap me all the same. I then discovered if I discharged against the amp (which I had on a dedicated air conditioner line) this zap wouldn't reach my DAC, which was good. On a hunch I decided to move my electronics (and the Tripplite power conditioner they plug into) to a different outlet on the other side of the floor using an extension cord (though leaving the amp on the AC line). That eliminated my static issue all together.
I live north of Boston, and I noticed that static has significantly lessened in my room over the past month or so. The air dryness in the winter time generates a significant amount of static and I find that I have to discharge myself on my power conditioner housing if I don't want to cause a "zap" every time I adjust the volume on my Conrad Johnson PV12. Now that the temperature is warmer I have not had to many of those, although I still go through the extra step of discharging any possible electric charge prior to touching my components.