McIntosh C2300 Power Cord Recommendation

I Just ordered a new C2300 and I just like to know what kind of power cord you guys recommend. Thank you.
miketuason
I just bought a pair of JC-1 mono amps and after a bit of research I opted for Green Dot, hospital grade power cords. You can get 14AWG which should be more than adequate. I don't believe power cords that seem too big to bend, and cost a great deal, will be an audible step up. As an illustration, I recently changed speaker cables to Tellurium Q Black. They seem about the same size as the old 300 ohm antenna wires, but I can hear lyrics better. I have found exciting results from putting Vibrapods under everything. I could hear an improvement with each component, even the power amps. Just an opinion, but make yourself happy. This hobby should be about discovery and fun. Anyway, Green Dot cords are cheap, so you can easily change your mind later and use them on sources.
Most all homes have a 12AWG (American Wire Gauge) Romex wires inside the walls with a 15Amp circuit breaker (some have 20Amp). There's roughly a 50ft. run between the 15A circuit breaker and the wall plug of this 12 gauge wire.

To test the misguided theory about special power cables, I measured the voltage with my DVM at the circuit breaker to be 119.6VAC. Then I measured at the wall socket about 50ft. away and it was also 119.6VAC. Then I powered on all my tube equipment (preamp, dual mono-block power amps, turntable and electrostatic speakers). The voltage was still 119.6VAC at the wall socket. Then I measured it at the input wires under the chassis of the power amp power transformer. It was still 119.6VAC! Will wonders ever cease?

The last 5 ft. of wire from the plug to the power on/off switch will not make any difference in the performance of the amp. Any money spent on "special" A/C lines is a pure waste!

I'm an audio/video freak starting way back in the late 50's even before stereo was invented! I'm also have a BSEE and I combine facts with proof in the listening had saved me countless thousands of dollars over the years.

There are certain items which will definitely improve, or at least will sound different. A/C line cords are not one of them.

BTW, hospital grade means that the internal connections and the mating of the plug and socket will not create a spark (think oxygen tank) and nothing more.

Have to think about the Tellurium Q Black speaker wires a bit before I can give an opinion. I suspect the reason it sounds "better" (different) is because it presents a different reactance (a combination of capacitance & inductance)load to the output of the power amp than the other cables used which we hear as an improvement. The chart Tellurium shows on their website forgot to mention at what frequency was the square wave generated that was used to produce the signal.

Also, I remember many years ago reading that human beings have a very poor audio memory. Using double blind AB testing proved that what you heard yesterday cannot be remembered today to be matched with the same sound quality.

Remember the fairy tale about the Emperor's new clothes?
Luckily, you have the flaming sword of a BSEE to cut through illusion, rendering power cords powerless to deceive you.
Notbananas: Very sagacious reply. Good to see some "snake oil repellent" out there.