b&k reference 200.7 price?

What would be a good price for this series 1 amp? i have a possible chance to pick one up. i am running b&w 804 in my home theater.... would this be a good match up? i really do jot have the money right now for any Macintosh or other high end amps... about $1,000 is where he is at. Are there something better in that price range? i run 5.1 not 7.
thanks
bill
baranowski
Willand - just shows that synergy between amp and speakers is important. On my Sonus Faber Grand Piano and especially on my Cremona the 200.7 was just too harsh at anything other than modest volume. Went to a Levinson 432 and solved the problem, although as a very different price point. I just wanted the OP to be aware of my experience. He is looking at a Anthem now, which I think will be a step up from the B&K.
Optimally, you want to hear it with your pre-amp and speakers. Maybe if it checks out OK where you audition it, get an agreement to take it home and check it out in your setup. That is a pretty common request for local purchases.

And as Willard said, set your max volume on the pre-amp to be sure.
No preempt yet.... just going to use my pioneer elite 92txh as the pre... so i do not really know how to set.the volume on it.
I do not see a max volume setting in the manual for your Pioneer, other than the settings to balance the 6 channels. But, as long as you keep the volume down, you will be fine. I have a 400 watt amp driving :200 watt" speakers with no issue using a Yamaha receiver. It will be way to loud long before you get to the limit of the speaker.

One thing you do need to test is if the overall gain is so large that you hardly get to move the volume level above the lowest setting. But, most receivers have pretty good control at the low level settings of the volume knob.

Good luck. The Anthem should be a good stop up from the other options.