Amp for Sonus Faber Cremoma M

I am looking to upgrade my amp for the mains to improve my 2 channel sound. I currently have an Emotiva XPA5 that I will continue to use for the center and rears when listening to concert DVD's or Sacd's

I am considering Emotiva XPA1 Mono Blocks @ 500 per channel / 1000 into 4 ohms for $2000.

Would I get better sound buying a higher end amp used,for example a Pass Labs x250.5, McIntosh MC205 or Krell Kav3250 which would also run my center for SACD's?

I appreciate the input as I have found that it is very difficult to demo amps side by side with the same speakers / electronics.
pkelly1504
Hi PKelly,

I used to run SF Guarneri with CJ MV60, then SF STrad with MV60...which eventually was upgraded to Gryphon Antileon.

I have listened quite a lot to SF Ellipsa, Cremona, Grand Piano and the earlier generation. In all cases, i found they already had such a beautiful voice (that you can generally hear regardless of most amplification i've tried, to a greater or lesser extent)...that i really was looking for a transparent, powerful amp that could just deliver the signal effortlessly. I found a good quality source running thru a tube preamp and Krell amp was very, very good with the SF Cremona, one of the best times i heard the Cremona.

YMMV. Good luck!
Dave_72,

What don't you like about Emotiva? Please explain.

That is the reason that I am asking this question.

Thanks so much for your time.
Well, Emotiva is not high end, imo, it's mid-fi. And Chinese made. It is ok for the price, though. There are better amps out there, but more expensive of course.
Emotiva is not high end, imo, it's mid-fi
What Dave72 is probably hinting at is, the amp's resolution is mediocre by hi-end standards.
If that is indeed the case, another amp is needed -- higher powered rather than lower. Any of the amps you mention should do.
The best sound I had from these was with a Soulution stereo -- but that is outrageously expensive.
OTOH, an unusual choice may be the currently trendy stereo Marantz. It's not very expensive and performs extremely well on normal, i.e. not shrill, speakers.