Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Can a 6L6GAY Be used in the regulator position? Is it similar electronically to the 5881 and 6L6GC?

Thanks,
Dave
Does anyone know how Srajan configured his system when reviewing the Cabernet Dual for 6 moons? Were the Butler Monads on the bottom with the single Yamamoto on top?? Just curious.
F1a-Sraben uses the Zu Definitions which are internally powered for the woofers and aren't biampable. Zu owners please correct me if I'm wrong. He tried both the Monads and the Yamamoto,Monads too powerfull for the 101db Zus. Seemed to prefer the Yamamoto,and said he'd like to try it again with proper speakers that could be biamped.
zachzdb:

srajan uses the definition pro which allow for bi-amping. he has a rane eq which sends the low frequency to the woofer arrays. not sure what his reference bass amp is. he appears to switch between the yamamoto/supratek and the melody integrated for the top.

now, i don't recall him making any mention of using the monad for the woofer array and the yamamoto for the mid/tweets. the best thing F1a could do is email srajan directly. he's replied to several of my emails in the past. however, due to his wife's recent surgery, he may not reply too quickly.
Kgturner- You're right,thanks for the correction. Looked like he was using his Audiosector Patek SEs on the Bass,at least initially.

Agree that it would be best to get any questions answered by Srajan himself.