Accuphase preamps

My research tells me that their preamps have some of the most features of solid state designs. Also, I have heard them @ CES, they sound very good indeed.

My question is, will they mate up ok with other brands of amps.

Right now I have Bryston amps, and a BP6P preamp, and I'm not too crazy about getting a BP26 because of lack of features.

It also appears that Accuphase is the better design as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
dave_72
Hi Paul,

I see. Thanks for the info. Well, if I can get a deal like you did, maybe. But I have a need to stay current. I don't mind the price difference too much. However, I know that 4-5 years down the road the C-2420 will be out of production too.

As far as speakers go, probably the Focal Scala Utopia. But, I need to audition them more first. Others I am considering at the moment are the ATC SCM 150s and the Legacy Focus SEs.

Do you have any recommendations?
The C-2420 is now on the Accuphase website.

Have a look...

http://www.accuphase.com/model/c-2420.html
Hi Dave,

I am not surprised. The C-2420 pre will be available in shops here starting December 1st.

It is interesting to compare the .pdf brochures of the C-2400, C-2410 and C-2420 models (all available on the Accuphase site). It looks that there is not that much difference between the three. The AAVA volume control is still the big selling point. :)
Hi Paul,

Yeah, I'm glad I waited it out now. Now I can get the current model, but yeah, it will be a bit more expensive. But that's progress, right? haha.

Yeah, sounds good. I did compare the C-2410 and C-2420, but not the C-2400. The C-2420 does have a bit more features than the C-2410. That's what I gathered upon first glance. I'll read more into it as time goes on!