Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Kgturner,I hope yours are ready! I think you may have been the first or one of the first to order the Malbec!Ray
Question for all the guys who have a set of Malbecs on order. What amp is the Malbecs replacing?
no amp at this time. i was previously running cary audio slm-200 monoblocks into my gershmans. then i had an art audio carissa which wasn't powerful enough for the gershmans. i've now sold the gershmans and bought von schweikert dB99SE speakers which i've only used a denon receiver (avr-3806) with thus far. as you can imagine, i'm EAGER to get the call on my malbecs.
Hmm, quite a thread...

You leave for a couple of years, come back, and 2500 posts!

Has anybody told you guys lately that you need very, very deeeeep therapy?!

I see slowhand. Any bwhite, or did he burn out before hitting a Kondo M1000 with NOS tubes that don't exist anymore except in a small stash recently discovered in an abandoned army depot just across the Maginot line? :0) (hi bwhite, wherever you are, are, are...)

I don't have the time to read everything here. Can some knowing-soul offer an evolutionary synopsis, in 10 words or less?

Great to see everyone still at it; the music, that is.

Mark
Hello Mark,

Good to hear from you. Have not heard from BWhite in a long time. Some of us have decided that Mick was right about the fact that tube swapping is not really necessary for great sound. When I replaced my Syrah with the Cortese, I found that it sounded best to my ears with the stock tubes. These are the tubes the preamp was tuned to and Mick has a great ear for sound. The talk now is about the Malbec amps that Mick has started building. Amps that are a perfect match the the wonderful Supratek preamps are what we have waited for. And they are affordable to boot. I am getting ready to order a pair, but I must say that they will need to be extremely good to best my Berning ZH270 amp. I love this amp and can't see ever getting rid of it, but I would love to directly compare it to the Malbecs. Mick has taken on a couple of partners, and it seems that orders are not taking near as long as the 11 months I waited for my Cortese (worth every minute)

Sorry, that was more than 10 words.