Audio Research, next upgrade?

I have been upgrading recently and have had great fun and results. I really like the Audio Research line and I am slowly working my way to the Reference products. I would like to hear what everyone would suggest as the next piece to upgrade, ie CD, Pre, or Amp first. My current system is:
ARC CD3 MKII
ARC LS 26
ARC VT100 MKII
B&W 801
The system sounds great as -is, but always looking for the next improvement.
Thank you
vdosc
Not if he got rid of that dog and had a ls27 instead.
It would surprise all of you.
Of course vinyl always rules, but he may not be into it...yet..:)
Get the ARC PH-8 with the latest 6550, a good turntable and cartridge, then start shopping garage sales and thrift stores for the vinyl. For the cartridge, I'd recommend the Audio Tecnica OC9 MKIII. This cartridge is very quiet, great on old mono records too. Once you have this in your system, you'll want to sell your CD-3. A great source for the cartridge is www.lptunes.com Good luck.
I don't think upgrading to the MKIII version is going to buy you anything. You may want to consider a VS115. It uses the KT-120 as well as 6H30's. You would get greater dynamic range, and speed. I don't think you would loose much if anything in the way of bottom end slam either. See if you can borrow one to try. You may be very surprised.
I had an LS 26, and compared to what it replaced (a bottom of the line VTL tube pre), the low bass was anemic. You have good bass in your speakers and amp, so if you like low end extension and weight, replace the preamp. I went SS to match my amp, and the difference was immediate. I miss the sweetness of tubes, though, so want to find a tube preamp that can go low. LS 27, 5 SE, or?