Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
vicks7:

according to a system search, nickatkins uses merlin speakers and a supratek chenin preamp. i'm sure you could email him and ask any questions you have regarding this combo.
Mick is probably updating his site. Maybe he is updating the site with regards to the new amp he is working on.
I use my Supratek with my Merlin VSM. It's not exactly the same as the TSM (which I've also owned), but I will say that I enjoy the combo immensely.
Do any of you guys have the LP Soular Energy by Ray Brown on Pure Audiophile label? I got it for Christmas. WOW! this thing will test the limits of your system. The LP sounds fantastic! Some of the bass notes from Browns bass shake the whole house! I do experience some mistracking because of all the energy on the LP. I am tracking my ZYX Yatra at 1.95gm which is fine on my other LP's, but not on this torture test. If you run analog and don't have this LP, I highly recommend it.