TRL Dude or Joule 150 MKII for Major Pre Upgrade

Thinking of either of these for what I view as a huge pre upgrade in my system. Current system is:

-Celestion A3
-Krell KAV250a (500 wpc/4 ohms).
-Nohr CD-1
-Rotel 995 preamp

I am looking to pickup warmth, depth and much more soundstage. Quality bass is also important to me. I want to keep the Celestions and feel that my current pre is the weakest link. Will also will update my digital source and ss amp down the road.

My thinking is that it will be worth paying up a bit for a higher quality pre that I can grow into.

Also I have a small naive question...with either of these pre amps will the sound difference be that great compared to the Rotel.

Thanks...any comments are appreciated.

-Iggy
iggy7
Post removed 
Paul answers his phone and will always get back right away and help. I must say this is not true of all small "one man" companies. I have still not heard back from Roger at Music Reference and I emailed/called to actually buy his amps - RM10.I decided to buy another amp now. He is one example and unfortunately I know of many others in this business. Paul will respond to customers.
Interesting!!! Seriously considering RM300 after getting the KT-120 results from Roger.

I have similar experiences with Paul. His gears are reliable and built to last many lifetimes plus EXCELLENT sound.
Ever notice how a 5 minute call with Roger turns into 1 hour? Always interesting.
Ever notice how a 5 minute call with Roger turns into 1 hour? Always interesting.

If you ever get a chance to visit him you'll find a planned 1 hour visit can easily turn into 10.

In addition to basically being a 1 man business Roger consults for a few audio manufacturers and is in the process of restoring his new home. To say he is busy is an understatement. That being said if you have some trouble reaching him an alternative is to contact Sal Zambrano at Audio Summa who is in touch with Roger on a regular basis.