Bob Carver 180 Mono-blocks perform superbly

Is anyone in the Audiogon community using the Bob Carver 180 mono-blocks? I just placed a new pair in my system and I am really amazed at their performance. I am using them with the PS Audio PWD/PWT, First Sound MK-III and Tyler Acoustics D1 speakers. The price to performance ratio is outstanding. The Bob Carver 180's are producing an extremely clean, clear and open sound-stage. I can safely say they will compete with mono-blocks costing much more.
thankful
The Silver 900's are beast.

What type of speaker would you need this much power for?
The Apogee Scintilla comes to mind for the Siver 900. They're Bobs favorite speakers. In personal communication, Bob has always stated he likes the sound of tubes over SS. The Cherry 180 is a special amp. Does things I would not have imagined tubes would do well, like lightening dynamics and extended tight bass and ability to drive 1 ohm load.
Below is an email conversation that I had with Bob Carver asking why the Silver 900's only come single ended with no XLR option.

Dear mitch4t,

Hi '4t,

No XLR connections on my amplifiers! I get great sound with a single ended vintage RCA input. The amplifier itself is fully balanced from input to output. Balanced connectors are useful for preventing hum and noise pickup during extra long runs, as in pro applications. As for home audio installations I think great sound comes from single ended vintage connections.

Thanks for writing.

All the Best,

Bob Carver
- audioshopper Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Subject: mitch4t has sent a question about item #180535475192, ending on Jul-29-10 16:57:47 PDT - Stereo Pair Monoblock Tube Amplifiers Amps Carver
Sent Date: Jul-23-10 20:09:12 PDT

Dear audioshopper,

Are xlr connections an option on your amps? Are they a fully balanced design? I have a preamp with balanced connections and single ended connections. I prefer to use the balanced connections when possible.
- mitch4t

Dracule - totally agree with your statement. The 180's are amazing tube amps. I love what they have done for my system.

There are some clips of Bob Carver on Youtube talking about his amps (ss vs tube etc.). Very informative information.

Dracule
The Cherry 180 is a special amp. Does things I would not have imagined tubes would do well, like lightening dynamics and extended tight bass and ability to drive 1 ohm load.

01-04-12: Thankful

The Cherry 180 is a special amp. Does things I would not have imagined tubes would do well, like lightening dynamics and extended tight bass and ability to drive 1 ohm load.
There are tube amps that have high power, speed, extended bandwidth and tight bass (e.g., the VTL Siegfried Reference), but they're really expensive, hot and huge. It looks like one of the breakthroughs on these Bob Carvers is bringing this performance profile to more more affordable levels and reasonable size. No small feat.