Peachtree audio Grandpre

Just got mine delivered today. Had some startup technical difficulties installing USB driver for PC. But after incurred it out the sound emanating from this sexy looking unit has proven to be breathtaking,and that is only only in the first few hrs. W I'll update after 250...am interested in others feedback that have this unit or considering it..v
zugisland
zugisland. I am considering the Grand Pre to replace a CJ PV5 to drive a Mac MC275. Please give me more of your impressions and what associated equipment used with the Grand Prix.

Hubb
Zugisland, I see from one of your previous posts that you own a Zodiac Gold with the Voltikus PS. Is the Grand Pre replacing it? How do they compare?
Got rid of the zodiac along time ago I found it cold . So far I love the grand pre.using it with the new vonschwiekart Vr35`s and bryston 7bsst2 monoblocks,using a dell zino running River streaming thru it from a has drive.Anyway the presence of the GP is very musical,detail and resolution is supurb and when you punch it and the Brytons with some Nickleback or Metallica the room fills with the band in my room,this setup is very revealing and good recordings sound so good lesser recordings frrom the 70,s still sound a lil bland in comparison,however much better then my previous wyred4sound dac2. The dac2 was good but the grand pre is so much more musical.I've yet to do a sit down compare to the normal mode and the tube mode yet just been running it in tube for now.Hard to believe the price point for what it does I compare it favorably to the MSN dac which costs 4 times as much,also very silky when using the HTbypass to watch movies and or listen to my old DVD audios. The remote is awesome giving u individual buttons for each input far superior to the WY red whose remote just scrolled inputs ..
zugisland, how would you rate it as a Pre AMp? You obvioulsly are excited about the DAC. Have you run any analogue sources through it??

I would plan on running vinyl through a phono pre into the GP as well as use it for a DAC.

Hubb