how much power

I do not have a good grip on amps. But i keep hearing about more power and more current !

I don't listen to music very loud... may be 75db at the most. The roomsize is 11 x 15. My speakers are Vienna Acoustics, Haydn Grand (4 ohm). Receiver is Denon 3311ci.

My question is really if i need need anything more than say 50 watts per channel ? Why ?

roxito
I'm running a dual transformer YBA amp which is 50 watts into my 86db Vandersteens, not a problem. I have a 200 watt Rotel and except for overall bass the YBA wins hands down. It's a small room and I listen to jazz mostly.
Sometimes there are exceptions to the audio rules.

My Ref 3A Grand Veena go down to 32 hz and my 2 watt SET amp delivers as much bass as my 1000 watt D amps did, and as much volume.

In fact I never have the Steelhead past 12 o'clock or the midway point.

The Grand Veena's crossovers (amp id directly linked to mid driver, tweeter, supper tweeter and woffers have crossover)are easy on my amp.

Here;s a ist of amps I auditioned in my system, before deciding what to purchase.
All amps drove the speakers well, didn't clip, and they all did the bass, to varying degress.

1961 Bell 18 watt tube push pull 4 6V6 tubes,
latest edition Mac 275,KT 88tubes, push pull,
Atmasphere S30-OTL,Grant Lumley -el34 push pull tube,
Art Audio Carissa, SET 845 tubes,
Pass labs Aleph 3-class A solid state
Red Draggon class D Leviathan mono blocks-1000 watts.

All the tube amps had a distinct sonic signature.
The Atmasphere and the Aleph had the best bass control.

The DecWare Zen Select-SET 2 watt, el 84 tube, was the purest of the lot, had no tube sonic signature, and did bass as well as any of the other amps.

I am more than pleased with the sound and dynamics this amp has driving my speakers.

After comparing it's sound with all the other amps, I found much to admire and nothing to fault,which should illustrate that you need to try amp/speaker combinations for yourself,and not rely on blanket audio statements and assumptions.

This is all the amp I need for my speakers and my taste in music runs from classical to jazz to rock.

There hasn't been a time on any type of music that I wished I had more power.

The only audio "truth" that I find applies, is that no amount of watts can improve the sound if the first few watts are not good.
Lacee,
Wonderful insight and true words of wisdom.Nothing beats real life experiences as examples.
Hi all ! Marakanetz : You obviously have not heard the Tekton Lore's with 10 or less wpc . Enough said .