High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Ozzy, i know to some extent what these cables can do. Give it time to settle mate CT-1 should open up some. Yea maybe a cook will help. Do you have direction correct?

I believe CT-1 and `E` are fairly good no doubt even though i did sell mine. I shall be trying UR+r pc`s soon and also UR interconnect against my reference cables. I will chime in with my thoughts in the near future.

Regarding some of the other posts - Yea IMO a couple of these guys on this thread do seem to go a bit over the top haha. But hey i`ve personally been accused of the same thing regarding PeterSt`s amazing Phasure and XXhighend gear. It`s all good fun right.
Anyway let`s just remember, at the end of the day, all a really good cable is suppose to do is sound more like nothing. Allowing the signal to pass as unhindered as possible. So in effect bringing out the best, or the truth, of our equipment.
The equipment is still the most important thing considering we have cables allowing the truth. The best cable is always no cable. So in reality when we get all excited and amazed at what cables such as HF brings, more nothingness or less distortion noise color, we are actually technically getting more excited hearing what our equipment/system can really do(Unfortunately to hear this kind of `effect` in it`s higher form it seems we have to go all the way to the top of the HF, or similar cable, line which means $$$$)

But of course we all know this. We just sometimes tent to over emphasis the cables effect, or non-effect, since these type of cables are only becoming available more recently.
Having said this - I also have heard my modest relatively cheapo 2nd system sounding rather spectacular with very high end cables but still no comparison when they are connected to my reference system. And in certain circumstances i guess if we don`t really get very excited about what cables such as HF bring then in actual fact we are probably simply realizing more of the truth of our equipment.

Personally i`ve been concentrating on simplifying my reference system(apart from tweaks) as much as possible partially to avoid paying excess $$$$ for more cables that do `more of nothing` and of course to obtain the purest sound as live.
Genius designer, PeterSt, has recently come up with a groundbreaking upgrade with his DAC making it immune from the source - rendering quality pc`s and usb cable on source basically obsolete. And his complimenting speakers do not require usual speaker cables. Amps/X-overs are built-in hard wired on the same board(inside phase plug) and designed specifically for the speakers and DAC. No mismatches, or taking chances, only one of the cleanest possible synergy/purest signal flow with no degradation all the way from source to open baffle drivers at 118db sensitivity. Cables such as HF are just another compliment.
Not only do i feel supremely confident i have some of the best equipment out there but now the only cables i have to worry about is 1x IC and a few pc`s. Which of course should sound like nothing as much as possible(e.g. High Fidelity).
It is rather nice to save all that $$$$ having so few expensive cables in system.
I believe the approach of minimalist, but wisely chosen best quality equipment as possible, and as few cables as possible(quality cables), is the way of the future for 2-channel audio. Let`s just hope that such cables can one day be afforded by all.
I have interest in the power cables, High-fidelity are fine cables, However, I still believe all cables are system dependant, I also enjoy reading Dave's cable journey, I bet his system is incredible!
Jmcgrogan2 , I have been unable to try CT1's between amp and pre as my power amp is balanced inputs only , however , I did find a big difference when using it on my cd player and phono stage , some have said that the best improvements are gained by using the cable ( at least initially ) early in the chain , while I have seen some other posts that state the biggest improvement was with the speaker cables . Like anything , it would be system dependent and also what cables are being substituted . I have one friend who tried CT1E and after initially being enthusiastic he eventually found the cable to introduce some long term listening fatigue and decided to stay with his Kondos , which aren't exactly a lower tier cable .