connecting a line stage + phonostage to pass amps

Hi all

I dont know whether this question is silly or not but here it is:

I have Pass xa60.5 monoblocks fed by a first sound pre (linestage only)with RCA IC and now i went also analogue and i'm using a PS audio GCPH phonostage with XLR cables to the Pass. Can I connect both the linestage and the phonostage to the amps ?
Do I need to turn off the CD player when the turntable is playing ?
Thanks
D
icorem
Does the phono sound better on its own, instead of run through the preamp? Or are you just wanting to take advantage of the XLR outputs?
In short, you can not plug both XLR's and RCA plug into the XA60.5 simultaneously. If you plan to use the RCA plugs there must be a shorting bar between pins 1 and 3 on the XLR input connector. If you wish to use an XLR input the shorting bar must be removed. Reference the user manual. I have a X350.5 and it works the same way.

http://www.passlabs.com/pdfs/product%20manuals/xa60_5-om.pdf
... But I assume that installing a fully isolating switched input on the Pass amps would address the issue you raised 'Liguy'... so, FWIW (and assuming you're willing to do, or have done, this relatively straitforeward mod): A few years back Naim Audio, considering how to wire two analog output connection options to one of their CD player models, did thorough listening evaluations between a simple -- and typical -- parallel connection, and switched outputs (off the same circuit take-out point). They reported that switched sounded better than having an unused connector effectively "dangling" in parallel off the output jack in use. Interesting... So that's the way they went. We might extrapolate from this to your situation.
Thanks to all

got the message - i'll use one input at a time.
Tom - yes i'm trying to take advantage of the XLR but i'll check also run the phonostage through the preamp.
I should add, if I failed to be clear, that the "dangling" connection point I referred to, citing Naim's result, had NO cable or component connected to it -- an important distinction, if my point (i.e., Naim's) is not to be lost.