Audio Research Ref 5 and Krell amps

Hello,

Just wondering if ARC Ref 5 preamp will mate well with Krell FPB 450 MCX monoblocks. My speakers are Revel Salon 2.
sfstereo
Ritmo,

The Ref5SE is a Ref 5 with power supply upgrades using parts from the 40th Anniverasy preamp. There are also a few cosmetic changes.
Sfstereo, where can I learn more about the Ref 5 SE. This is the first I heard about it. Is the upgrade done by ARC??
I am very confused about this SE version you are talking about, first off, owning the 40th AE I can tell you that almost no part from the power supply of the 40th AE would or could fit into the single chassis Ref 5 (I just solid mine BTW)

ARC has nothing about this on their site and a goo ogle search reveals nothing, where did you buy this????
I think you have to make an appointment to get it done.

List price is 1k above the non SE model
Kenny, the website shows a Reference Power 250 amp but clicking on it leads you to a totally different product ;)

And there's no mention of the 250 anywhere and that's been in audio shows and also available for sale for a few months now.

There is also no mention of the Phono Reference 2 SE but that's in Absolute Sound website already.

I guess the website just isn't as up to date. I only found out about it from my local dealer who's getting just a few new units in after Christmas and he gave me the option to trade my old 5 for the new 5SE with a top up instead of shipping it back to ARC (that requires appointment and shipping back to US and I live in the Far East).