Thoughts on current EL-34 tubes

I have just put my Jolida JD-1000P back into my system, and when I initially fired it up one of the tubes was obviously bad giving a good light show. I found this kind of strange as the amp has been sitting idle with no power to it for about six months now and the tubes Winged C Svetlanas were working fine when I took it out of the system. I replaced the winged C with another Svetlana for now and ordered up 8 matched Tungsol re-issues as I have heard that these tubes are some of the better of the re-issue tubes out now, what are everyones thoughts on current re-issue EL-34 tube available now.
dwr
I owned a Mesa Baron amp, it is the one piece of equipment that I regret ever selling. It had the tri tube factory upgrade. I had a set of those EL-34 tubes in it and wasn't very impressed with them at all, are you sure those are Siemens tubes? Now I have also heard that the Shuguang Treasure tubes sound real good.

Dan
I stand corrected Phil it was not the NOS Siemens tubes I had in that amp, it was the otherEL-34 tubes from Mesa. That is actually a pretty good price on those NOS 34s on their site.

Dan
NOS Siemens sold by Roger Modjeski at http://www.tubeaudiostore.com/index.html
sell about $150/pair
I would agree with Rich - I also am currently using the EH EL34's in my PrimaLuna amp, and they sounded better than both the stock tubes and the current issue Mullards that I tried.
Post removed