Best Preamp for Ayon Orthos II monoblocks?

I am looking for suggestions on a preamp for my system as follows:

Ayon Orthos II amps
Lumen White Artisan speakers
Nordost Heimdall speaker cables

Price range flexible, but prefer to stay within 10-12 K range.
Thanks.
dougiefresh
Dougie, Stan's comment about the CD-5's preamp section are relative to what he feels is "good". Of course no integrated pre-amp is going to be as good as a dedicated reference tube pre for example, but imho the latest CD-5s has an excellent tube pre. I rolled the factory EB tubes in my player to NOS DR's & have been very impressed. In an a-b comparison in the same system, my CD-5s bested an Aesthetix Janus preamp with similar hours to my Ayon. The above-mentioned Meridian/Audio synthesis pair are both solid state, so personal preference weighs in. My advice is, let your ears decide.
"Of course no integrated pre-amp is going to be as good as a dedicated reference tube pre for example,"
I think that this may not necessarily be true. When I went to the CD5s, I got rid of two power cords and two sets of IC's which were necessary with my separate transport, DAC and preamp. These wires and connectors are sources of noise and degradation. Then I was able to take the money from selling these and go up two levels in the one set of IC and power cord that were still necessary, further enhancing sound. The designer saves money in using one versus three separate cases that can be used in higher quality internal components. So if the one unit is well designed and shielded, if think it can compete and beat separates at the same cost.
Hi Doug
Can you describe how your purchase of Ayon Orthos ii, i am thinking of getting one pair to power my Hansen Emperor.
What is your pro and con.
thanks
Chris
08-10-11: Gammajo
"Of course no integrated pre-amp is going to be as good as a dedicated reference tube pre for example,"
I think that this may not necessarily be true

So if the one unit is well designed and shielded, if think it can compete and beat separates at the same cost.

Gammajo, of course yes the possibility to save the designer and end user money using a single box is obvious, and I agree Ayon have produced an excellent built in pre in the CD-5s. I also agree, that saved money can go toward better ic's & pc's (always a good thing), but assuming you already have reference level cables, adding a separate pre has the possibility of making a good improvement as there is less compromise in a dedicated preamp. In a well sorted system, I think the Ayon Orbis should be good for a 10-20% imrpovement over the CD-5s, and in high end those aren't small numbers. Move up to Vitus and it becomes night and day.
I agree the orbis is a noticeable improvement but no where even ten percent .I felt 5 percent is close.the parts quality is almost identicle
In the two preamp sections. As well as tube complements.
The biggest difference is the regererator filtering which is the biggest difference. If you have a very good line conditioner which Ido with
synergistics latest truly closes the gap.the orbis still is a little better
Across the board. Any solid state comparisons cannot be truly done for vacuum tubes do some things better than even the best in solid state
If using similar price points in my opinion.Everything is system
Dependent also.