Replacing The Stock EH 6SN7 Tubes For Cary SLP 05

Hi

I run a Cary SLP 05 in the following setup

Cary Audio SLP-05 Preamp > Krell FPB 200 c Power Amp > Dynaudio Contour S3.4 Speakers

The Cary SLP 05 gives me that "live" atmosphere and soundstaging but I find that brass and horn instruments are still on the bright and harsh side with the stock tubes. It could be the Krell power amp. As such I thought of tube rolling and trying out some 6SN7's to hopefully give me more warmth and I guess a more euphonic and traditional tube sound. I will look towards replacing Tube Nos. 3 and 6 or the balanced buffer tubes first, retaining the stock EH 6SN7's elsewhere.

My shortlist follows below. Your opinions on how these tubes may sound in the Cary SLP 05 vis-a-vis each other is much appreciated.
mikey8811
Hi Jtran. How does the sound with Psvane 6SN7 compare to the stock EH tubes?

I have tried a couple of different tube sets including RCA NOS GTB's but I keep coming back to the stock tubes which seem to provide more air and dynamics.
Krisjan. You should consider Sophia 6sn7 .I prefer the Sophia over the Psvane 6sn7 in the Cary slp 05.
Kiwi .The Psvane 6sn7 will give you a very details and lust sounding.But I'm now using Sophia 6sn7 tubes in my Cary 05 ,the sophia tubes are more brigther and faster and seem beter match in the Cary 05 than the Psvane tube .They are both much nore detail and finest sounding tubes compared to the EH 6ns7.
There doesn't seem to be a consensus on which locations on the SLP-05 to replace tubes first. I've read 3 and 6, as the original poster plans, and I've read 1 and 4.

Which is it?

EDIT: Called Cary. They said to get full effect (if you are not going to replace all six at once), positions 1,2,4, and 5 should be replaced, as these are the gain stages.