Know of any true bullet proof equipment stories?

My buddy was just telling me about his Mcintosh MC275 he has that he scored after it had been in a fire and thrown out of a second story window.

To quote him "Its ugly as hell, But it still works pretty good"

I figured I'd see what other stories yall had
128x128systembuilder
Inna
Yeah they definitely make sounds and their both equipment of one kind or another and arguably from both sides to be an essential piece of equipment for survival even.

I too have only owned samsung phones for a long time and AK-47's will keep firing far after we will.

Everyone else thanks a million for the entertainment you have given me and the Audiogon community at large
Back in the good old days we actually tried to do something with that thing to disable its firing relentlessness. We suceeded though I don't quite remember what we did but it took some effort.
Anyway, let's return to audio.
Most all of Nelson Pass's amplifiers both Threshold and Pass Labs are built like brick chit houses.
Bumped into one of my B&W 804s while vacuuming one day. It dropped like a rock and hit my carpeted floor with a major THUD. I thought, my G*D, that's it, the drivers are toast. Fired up my system to listen and drivers worked no problem. Now I am looking for stable speaker stands...