Know of any true bullet proof equipment stories?

My buddy was just telling me about his Mcintosh MC275 he has that he scored after it had been in a fire and thrown out of a second story window.

To quote him "Its ugly as hell, But it still works pretty good"

I figured I'd see what other stories yall had
128x128systembuilder
I certainly agree with the comments on Crown gear. And in the highly unlikely event something does go wrong, you are going to be supported by a longstanding and credible company that takes customer service seriously. Much the same can be said about Bryston. I have owned much Bryston equipment over my many years in the hobby, and only experienced one problem (which may have been my fault). Bryston repaired the problem -- free-of-charge -- within one day and thus I was only without my component for about one week, shipping included. INcidentally, when that issue did occur I sent a Sunday e-mail to Bryston, and received a reply from Jim Tanner within a few hours on that same Sunday.
"Any speaker made out Kevlar!"

OK, if you want go there. The original Cerious Technologies speakers were made out of ballistic ceramic with a carbon fiber wrap. I believe the wrap was kevlar or a close relative.
A curious toddler can do crush tests on any bullet-prof equipment and yes I'd doubt if it would work after LOL!