Anyone have a Music First Preamp ?

This passive preamp come highly recomended esp by Empirical Audio...and I just picked one up ..was hoping someone else has one either the silver version or copper which is what i will have . In addition i was going to do some upgrades if anyone has done those? thanks
zugisland
No kidding, eh?

I thought there was a small amount of unnatural dryness to the MF, perhaps clinical would be a good word. The Lightspeed does not have this characteristic when paired with appropriate components.
It seems that there is shift on the "warmth" - "neutral" spectrum with the various S&B transformers which is why some folks look for a particular version - don't which is which. I did find the Autoformer version of the BENT to be quite excellent - but then I had to go try the LSA:)
The S&B MkI transformers which I had in a K&K TVC were according to Kevin Carter the warmer of the three versions. As they progressed they became more neutral. For some reason the MkI and MkIII's are the preferred S&B's.
Guys found my m music first pre to be quite resolving and for my price am pleased with it so far.Bought it new for around half retail so good price performance for me.So where does one get the light speed from.