Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I emailed someone who is considerably more tube savvy than I, and he said; "6C45P is unique. There is no replacement whatsoever." So, it looks like i bought the 5842's for nothing. They DID NOT WORK in the Syrah.

I also emailed Mick, "who ought to know" and he said the same thing.

No big deal, because they do sound excellent. Just wish I had some options!
Hi Joe. To the best of my knowledge....The 6c45 is a russian military tube with no direct sub. I have a very limited background with russian equivalents. Sorry.
Ecclectique,

Will the 6V6 tubes be a direct replacement of the 6L6 tubes? Can I use it on as a regulator for the Supratek?

thanks
Question for Syrah/Chenin owners.

How long does it take for your preamp whe you consider it "warmed up" already? Mine is about 20 minutes. Just wondering because it seems that in my system when this warm up time is reach, the layers of the sound becomes richer compared to an already superb presentation at the initial turn on.

My amps (SS) are on 24/7. Could be the tubes at the preamp right?

Just want to get some feedback.

BTW, for the small room that I have (12'x14'x8') my experienced is that the Kenrad VT-231 produces bass that over power/loads the room so much. I thought I have several subwoofers on. Very nice sound but bass is too much IMHO. So far I am satisfied with the RCA 5692 Red Base and the RCA 6L6G tubes. Great combination and I highly "recommend" the pairing. Another one is the Tungsol 5881 and Tungsol 6SN7 Brown base. Very good for acoustic music in my system. As for phono, TungSol 6c4 and Mullard 6DJ8 does the trick for me. I tried Telefunken 6DJ8 but it sounds thin in my set up.

cheers
Amandarae - The 6V6 can be used as the regulator in the supratek preamps. I've never done it myself, but I'm told they don't sound good. Let us know what you think if you should try it.