accuphase compare to mcintosh

1-For the moment i have a mcintosh int and i would like to know if the accuphase int have a better bass impact and dynamic.

2-What is the difference between accuphase and mcintosh in sound signature.
128x128thenis
IMO, being a current McIntosh amp owner and having listened to Accuphase numerous times.Accuphase hands down,no comparison.What I do like about Mac is the re-sell value on the secondary market.
07-08-11: Audiofeil
>>07-08-11: Inna
Michael Fremer says Ypsilon preamp is the best there is<<

So what.

He gets one vote like everybody else.

Not that I agree one way or another with anything that MF has to say, but I would say that not all votes are created equal. Listening to many pieces of equipment over many years is a valuable part of having one's opinion matter more - in theory; though it does leave open the question of whether you have the same listening tastes and preferences, but all things being equal, depth of experience and exposure does lend more weight to a person's opinion. In fact I value your opinion to the extent that you have many years of experience with various pieces of gear --- that is worth something.
"Accuphase is a Rolls Royce"

does that mean it doesn't come with an air conditioner?
I switched from McIntosh to Accuphase after I did some side-by-side comparison between my MC202 and my friend's A20. The MC202 is rated at 200 wpc (smallest model with autoformers), and the A20 is rated at 20 into 8 ohms and 40 into 4 ohms.

I was shocked at the improvement I got from the Accuphase. Maybe it's because it's class A, or maybe it's just because I like the sound signature better, but after a couple of days I couldn't go back to my Mac. The Accuphase was just so much smoother and more pleasurable to listen to. Hardly any drop of in the bass department, either, which I found most impressive.

I wound up buying an A50 here on audiogon. New, I could never have afforded one. One of the best purchases I've ever made.